- About us
- Our people
- Our expertise
- Strategic IP
- Practice groups
- Case studies
- Knowledge bank
- Contact us
Withers & Rogers’ supportive and high-functioning IT team are seeking a 1st Line Support Engineer to join them in Bristol. You’ll play a truly integral role in delivering a first-rate service to our busy intellectual property firm of around 200 users.
This is fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your career in IT with a successful firm.
As a 1st Line Support Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
– Acting as the first point of contact for all Helpdesk calls, emails and alerts, assessing urgency and prioritising accordingly
– Proactively managing problem calls through to completion in a timely manner
– Supporting users remotely, both over email and phone
– Troubleshooting to help resolve issues
– Owning the new starter process of setting up new employees with all necessary IT equipment and system access
– Configuring new software for both office-based and remote workers
– Setting up and maintaining user accounts on systems
– Arranging any required equipment repairs, including escorting third parties attending to equipment faults within the site and managing the disposal of redundant IT equipment
To join us as our 1st Line Support Engineer, you will need:
– At least one year’s experience in an IT Helpdesk environment
– A good understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows 10
– Experience with Office 2013/2016 and the Office 365 applications and environment
– A positive outlook and a “can do attitude”
– Demonstrable experience of having excellent customer service skills at work
– Competitive Salary
– Discretionary Christmas bonus
– Join a growing, vibrant office in central Bristol
– Develop your career with a leading firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance
– The chance to learn from senior members of the firm and increase your IT knowledge and experience
– The chance to buy up to an extra five days’ holiday each year
This is a full time, permanent position with working hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm or 10.00am – 6.00pm.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17 February, but applications will be reviewed and shortlisted as they come in.