- About us
- Our people
- Our expertise
- Strategic IP
- Practice groups
- Case studies
- Knowledge bank
- Contact us
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich, Paris and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
We are now looking for a 3rd Line Applications Support Engineer to join our team in London and support IT operations across our firm.
As the 3rd Line Applications Support Engineer, you will be tasked with playing a key role in the development and maintenance of applications, systems, integrations and data solutions for our firm.
As part of the Applications Team, you will report to the Applications Manager and support custom software and web application development, overall application integration services and ensure IT application functionality across all business units and locations.
Your role will also involve:
– Database administration (SQL)
– Assisting and supporting the design, deployment and maintenance of an MS SQL based solution
– Helping to provide management and systems monitoring of the SQL based solutions
– Refining and automating regular processes
– Managing, determining and setting system permissions for users
– Developing and supporting a data cube to enable efficient and responsive reporting.
– Providing specialist support to users of the Patricia system.
– Supporting the UAT (User Acceptance Testing) groups
– Helping to design and enhance the Firm’s applications
To be considered as a 3rd Line Applications Support Engineer, you will need:
– Proven project delivery experience and resourcefulness to complete project work with little management or supervision
– Experience of developing and improving IT applications to support the needs of a business
– Experience of configuring enterprise systems including security and multiple levels of access
– Knowledge and experience of system testing procedures
– SQL database administration, scripting and scheduling experience
– A working knowledge of VMware, Windows Server and Active directory
– Experience of administering, maintaining and supporting databases and 3rd party applications
– Demonstrable skill in developing automated business systems
– Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
– Experience of working in small teams, with a hands-on approach
– A high commitment to customer service delivery
– Competitive salary
– Benefits such as healthcare cash plan and additional holiday purchase scheme
– Flexible working options
– Enhanced Parental Leave options
– Positive and welcoming work environment
This is the ideal role for a hands-on technical IT professional with outstanding database skills to advance their career in a fast-paced, varied environment.
You’ll find we are a technology-focused firm offering complex challenges that will ensure you remain engaged and excited by your role.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference whilst utilising your skills to the highest possible degree, we’re waiting to hear from you.