- About us
- Our people
- Our expertise
- Strategic IP
- Practice groups
- Case studies
- Knowledge bank
- Contact us
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich, Paris and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
We are now looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join our team in Bristol and play a vital role in delivering IT services across our firm.
As the Infrastructure Manager, you will deliver a comprehensive IT infrastructure that is innovative, cost-effective and high quality and that support all our locations.
Working across both the server and network infrastructure, you will take responsibility for efficient operation and will manage all aspects of Windows Server, VMware, WAN and LAN support. You’ll undertake a range of IT implementation projects, manage the helpdesk, supervise the IT Support Engineers and co-ordinate the support functions.
Working closely with the Applications Manager, this complex yet highly-rewarding role will see you:
– Lead your team
– Ensure IT staff have the vision, tools, and training to successfully maintain and improve our systems
– Deliver the IT Strategy
– Provide advanced technical support across our infrastructure
– Create, document and implement robust and practical IT Infrastructure processes
– Proactively monitor and analyse IT system availability and performance
– Ensure that all IT systems and applications are correctly installed and configured
– Manage and set relevant user permissions
To be considered as the Infrastructure Manager, you will need:
– Significant experience in providing 3rd line (or higher) support within a corporate environment
– Proven project delivery experience and resourcefulness to complete project work with little management or supervision
– A strong background in design, implementation and support of Windows server (2008, 2012, 2016) and Windows server infrastructure including Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Clustering
– A strong background in Virtualised environments in particular VMware
– A strong background in working with Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013 and Office 365
– Experience using automated monitoring and log tools and analysing trends and root cause issues
– Network security solutions and/or support experience
– An understanding of security and the current threat landscape
– An understanding and/or knowledge of Microsoft Azure/Office 365 and Cloud Technologies
– Competitive salary
– Benefits such as healthcare cash plan and additional holiday purchase scheme
– Flexible working options
– Enhanced Parental Leave options
– Positive and welcoming work environment
This is the ideal opportunity for a talented and highly skilled IT professional to take on a complex, specialised, technical and analytical role with our growing, successful legal firm.
You’ll have the chance to make your mark on our infrastructure and impact IT operations right across our firm, from the way issues are handled to the relationship between IT and the rest of the organisation.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference whilst utilising your skills to the highest possible degree, we’re waiting to hear from you.