- About us
- Our people
- Our expertise
- Strategic IP
- Practice groups
- Case studies
- Knowledge bank
- Contact us
Are you a highly organised and diligent individual seeking your next challenge? Want to take on a rewarding contract with a leading European firm? If so, Withers & Rogers want to hear from you.
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms.
Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
We’re currently looking for a Patent Formalities Assistant to join us in London for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
As a Patent Formalities Assistant, you will play an integral role in the EP Grant team, providing first-rate administrative support and delivering a deadline-driven service to our internal and external clients. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
– Monitor validation deadlines and chase clients for validation instructions
– Instruct foreign patent attorneys to validate the granted patent at their respective patent offices and monitor acknowledgements
– Prepare power of attorney forms
– Report Decision to Grant
– Monitor and report End of Opposition notices to the client
– Enter charges, prepare invoices, E-Billing and upload invoices and LEDES files to online portals
To join us as a Patent Formalities Assistant, you will need:
– A track record of generating standard procedures and templates for repeat tasks
– A track record of excellent multi-tasking and forward-planning
– Experience of communicating effectively with staff of all levels and clients
– A proactive approach to work and the ability to think on your feet
Knowledge and experience of the European patent grant procedure would be beneficial to your application.
– Competitive salary
– Join a leading firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance
– Positive and welcoming work environment
– Flexible working
– Healthcare cash plan
– Holiday buy/sell scheme
– Season ticket loan
This is an exciting opportunity to build on your existing experience and increase your knowledge of the patent process with a respected firm.
You will receive a comprehensive induction, as well as excellent training and support from colleagues to enable you to hit the ground running, rise to new challenges and succeed in your role.
Our London office is located in stunning More London Riverside, with great views over the Thames and Tower Bridge. Transport links are abundant, with London Bridge Station just a 10 minute walk away as well as many bus routes.