- About us
- Our people
- Our expertise
- Strategic IP
- Practice groups
- Case studies
- Knowledge bank
- Contact us
Are you an organised and conscientious Secretary with experience in the patent profession? Are you looking to take on a rewarding contract with a leading legal firm? If so, we want to hear from you.
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
We are now looking for a Patent Secretary to join our team on fixed term contract for a 6 month period. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority at Withers & Rogers, and this role can be carried out remotely from home. We will provide you with the support and equipment you need for a smooth induction with us.
As a Patent Secretary, you will provide full secretarial, PA and administrative support to a Senior Associate within our Advanced Engineering team.
In this key role, you will:
– Prepare official forms for UK, European and international patent and design applications and some foreign patent applications
– Perform fast, accurate audio typing using an electronic audio system for the production of letters, emails and patent specifications
– Organise diaries and prioritise appointments
– Deal with all incoming email and post correspondence
– Maintain and submit expenses
To join us as a Patent Secretary, you will need:
– Secretarial experience gained in a professional services firm
– A solid understanding of patent administration
– A track record of generating standard procedures and templates for repeat tasks
– The ability to manage Attorney’s emails, judge their urgency and action appropriately
We’re looking for a team player with excellent organisational ability.
– Competitive salary
– Benefits such as healthcare cash plan and additional holiday purchase scheme
– Flexible working options
– Positive and welcoming work environment
This is an amazing opportunity to increase your patent knowledge and learn from senior members of a leading firm. You’ll discover a friendly team and a vibrant office, where you will gain valuable experience while benefiting from a healthy work/life balance. What’s more, you will receive a comprehensive induction, as well as excellent training and support from colleagues to enable you to hit the ground running and make a success of your time with our firm even from home. First round interviews for this position will be carried out via video call.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.