- About us
- Our people
- Our expertise
- Strategic IP
- Practice groups
- Case studies
- Knowledge bank
- Contact us
London, Leamington Spa, Sheffield or Bristol
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
We’re now seeking a Records & Renewals Assistant to join our team for a six month fixed-term contract to cover a period of increased workload following the implementation of a new case management system.
As the Records & Renewals Assistant, you will support the Renewals Operations Manager and the wider team with the efficient running of the Records & Renewals department.
Specifically, you will ensure that renewal deadlines are logged, data is verified and a number of shared inboxes are monitored. Handling incoming Patent, Trade Mark and Design correspondence, you will deal with certificates and general queries, updating records and filing information accordingly.
Your role will also involve:
– Entering new Patent, Trade Mark and Design cases onto our IP Management system
– Monitoring Patent, Trade Mark and Design renewal deadlines and following protocols to ensure timely renewal payments
– Taking ownership of queries and escalating more serious issues to the Renewals Operations Manager
– Maintaining case records
– Handling incoming renewals correspondence from internal and external clients, providing an efficient and timely service
To be considered as a Records & Renewals Assistant, you will need:
– Previous experience in a similar role
– A good working knowledge of patent or trade mark administration
– A proactive, detail-oriented approach with strong prioritisation and time management skills
– Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills
– A client-focused attitude
– Strong IT literacy, with demonstrable experience of learning new systems
Experience using the Patricia data management system would be an advantage but is not essential.
– Flexible working options (including location and hours)
– Pension plan with employer and employee contributions
– Healthcare scheme
– Give as you earn scheme
– Group life assurance
– Employee assistance programme and plenty of wellbeing support
This is a brilliant opportunity to strengthen your existing experience with one of the leading intellectual property law firms in Europe.
This is an ideal role on which to continue your career track whilst enjoying the support and flexibility you need to enjoy a great work-life balance.