We believe that businesses have an ethical responsibility to reduce their impact on the environment and help society in the best way they can.
Aligned with our purpose, vision and values, we’re continuing to drive our Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) approaches.
Prioritising our approach
Our key focus areas for improving our environmental sustainability include:
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Offsetting our carbon footprint where possible
- Reporting our usage
By championing recycling initiatives, encouraging greener travel, and maximising energy efficiency where possible, we can work towards becoming an increasingly environmentally friendly business.
Our social focus will centre around building trusting relationships with our people. We want our teams to be comfortable with bringing their full selves to work and contribute towards the strategic goal of attracting and retaining great people. By being collaborative, we will work together for the good of society and increase innovation and progress for our clients.
We take governance seriously, the decisions we make are held to account by our strategic framework, encouraging a consistent approach across the business.
The Legal Sustainability Alliance
We have joined the Legal Sustainability Alliance, using their resources to understand our current carbon footprint, and how we can work to reduce and offset this. We are also meeting with like-minded firms to discuss how proportionate our carbon output is with the rest of our industry.
As a business, we pledge that we will:
- Promote responsibility for the environment across the firm
- Work to understand our environmental impact and set targets annually to improve our environmental performance
- Provide adequate resources to meet our commitments
- Ensure our energy consumption and waste production is minimised, and promote environmentally friendly approaches for people to consider adopting from home
- Consider the sustainability credentials of suppliers in our purchasing decisions
- Promote active and greener travel methods, and provide everyone with support to take these options where appropriate
- Eliminate the need for all but essential paper for our office and events, and where paper is used, ensure it’s produced from sustainable sources and can be recycled
- Work with our office providers to ensure they have appropriate sustainability policies in place
- Establish an internal taskforce to champion our environmental work
We are committed to our pledge and will continue to broaden our commitment and focus on ESG both in the short and longer term. If you would like more information on how we’re working to champion ESG initiatives, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Contact ESG@withersrogers.com for further information.